We’re seeking a full-time Private Travel Designer who will have the responsibility of providing unique, authentic and life-changing experiences to discerning and often seasoned travelers.
Luxury Trips services all seven continents but our area of expertise lies in luxury African safaris as we are the parent company of Alluring Africa, who was voted #1 best safari outfitter in the world by Travel + Leisure. The owner, Sunit Sanghrajka, is consistently featured as one of Travel + Leisure’s A-List agents for Africa.
Unless you have a high level of knowledge in the luxury travel industry and a proven track record in sales, you will be required to fill the Sales Support role for approximately one year. This will serve as your training for the Private Travel Designer role. During the training period, you will work alongside other Private Travel Designers to learn every aspect of their role.
Activities of a Private Travel Designer
- Regularly attend networking or other social events to meet new people who are likely to fit our client profile
- Qualify leads per company procedures, such as collecting and recording budgets, travel dates, etc.
- Engage in meaningful trip planning consultations with potential clients by focusing on their specific needs and what they would like to get out of their trip
- Promptly reply to all client questions
- Consistently follow up with all active leads within 1 hour as often as possible, and never later than 24 hours from the time of their inquiry
- Design customized proposals for clients including a detailed costing, invoice, and itinerary
- Maintain and organize data relating to bookings per company systems and procedures. You will be expected to use the following systems:
- Our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software for client and trip information. All activities must be tracked here including emails, phone calls, appointments, tasks, etc.
- Our online itinerary building software for proposals and final travel documents
- Secure cloud based storage for any files relating to a trip such as proposals, supplier quotes and invoices, client invoices and costings, etc.
- Fulfill travel requests with Luxury Trips’ approved suppliers
- Complete booking related tasks by the related deadlines such as collecting payments, booking flights, sending travel documents, etc.
- Actively look for ways to exceed client’s expectations, such as a surprise the client isn’t expecting
- Contribute to product development by staying up to date on industry trends and preferred supplier updates, as well as individual research of destinations competitors aren’t offering or new ways to sell existing destinations
- Handle client emergencies 24/7 – although we won’t have many if we do things right
- Commit to constant improvement, such as by giving feedback on the sales process and reporting ideas to operations
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook
- Proficient in Microsoft Word
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communicator – both written and verbal
- Experience with Wetu, an online itinerary building software
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics 365, Microsoft’s CRM system
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 4 years in sales with proven track record
- Existing client base preferred
- Winner – We are looking for someone who is (humbly) confident, competitive and ambitious.
- Self-starter – As you will often be working independently, you must have the ability to keep yourself motivated.
- Methodical – Must be excellent at tracking your work, keeping yourself organized and managing your time. Much of your success will depend on your ability to be detail-oriented and accurate.
- Even-tempered – As you’ll be dealing directly with clients, you will be acting as the face of the company. You must have the ability to remain calm and solution-focused if a client ever gets upset. You’ll be expected to solve any unforeseen emergency travel situations your clients find themselves in and must be able to set their mind at ease while handling stressful situations (for example, if a client misses their flight or it is canceled and they find themselves stranded).
- Social extrovert – Maintain a professional appearance and be a master networker. We are looking for someone with a dynamic and influential personality.
- Service-oriented – This is a consultative sales role so you’ll see the best results by staying focused on how you can best serve your clients – be willing to go above and beyond to deliver the ultimate experience.
Please visit our career page for our list of benefits.
How To Apply
You must complete this sales questionnaire in its entirety to be considered for an interview.